Friday, November 6, 2009

All For One

Your bittersweet rainbow shadows my soul,
The clouds of rage film over my dry eyes;
Shattered glass coats the ground before me --
This harrowing caffeine-high won't last long.

Forecast my week with your desires,
Deliver unto me your every inhibition;
Color my cheeks with the blooms of fury --
Your saccharine sunshine filters through.

Forgive me for my necessary hangover,
I can't face the dawn's spiteful reminders;
For every moment you linger, I shudder --
I can't call you on your patterned charm.

Cower fast, you hasten to move past,
Plug the gaps of your misdeeds cleverly,
In this mood I stew endlessly on --
Smash the pleasantries down to murmurs.

So 'forever' is over, and the next eon airs,
Shield this shame with tented fingers;
Let me sit back and soak this all in --
I won't soon forget this final let-down.

No comments:

Post a Comment